I wasn’t planning on disappearing over the holidays, but it ended up being a nice break to gear up for this new year! Josh and I just returned from a great trip to New Mexico (He officiated a wedding & we went a couple days early as a last hurrah before the baby)…
One night in the hotel I got his opinion on a few favorites as we look back on 2009…thought I’d share them with you and then we will start to look forward to 2010!
Josh & Paige’s Favorites from 2009
Josh’s Picks: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell (non-fiction); A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller (Christian); The Associate by John Grisham (fiction)
Paige’s Picks: Half-Life Die Already by Mark Steele; The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society;
Josh’s Pick: The Blind Side
Paige’s Pick: 500 Days of Summer; I also liked Julie & Julia and Whip It
5 Discoveries- this is basically a few finds we’ve found along this last year that we loved…
1. Palm Pre
2. “the nuances of a pregnant wife” (not sure what he meant by this but I’m choosing to take it as a compliment)
3. West Crust Pizza
4. Man vs. Food (a show on the Travel Chanel)
5. the Kindle (he received this for Christmas from my parents & has had it in his hand almost constantly…it is pretty cool – he even used it for his wedding sermon)
1. 30 is actually really great! I turned the big 3-0 in January and I was DREADING it…however, I realized this year that it feels great to be 30 – I’m more confident in who I am & who God created me to be…I’ve learned to get over pleasing people & to live my life with passion. I highly recommend 30 & I’m believing it will be a great decade.
2. Belly Couture – one discovery that was not great is the fact that pregnancy clothes are not the most flattering…AND there is hardly anywhere to find maternity clothes in Lubbock…that was until Belly Couture opened in November. I just love this store & love that they also carry “regular” women’s clothes as well as unique kids gear
3. Home Café cinnamon rolls – everyone has asked me if I’ve had any cravings since I’ve been pregnant and unfortunately there has only been one – cinnamon rolls…I LOVE cinnamon rolls right now – I think about them often although I’ve tried to set a limit at one per week so that theweight does not get out of control…anyways, I’ve been searching for a truly great cinnamon roll since this craving started. I’ve tried rolls in a can (definitely the bottom level)…I’ve tried rolls from donut shops but they are typically too greasy…and then just a few weeks ago I partook of the most glorious cinnamon roll ever – at the Home Café – my search is over. It is the best. They closed for the holidays, but I think I may visit there this week J
4. Leggings- what can I say? They are comfortable!
5. Mint Tea- Just makes me feel cozy!
We took a cruise in February & had the hardest time trying to figure out how to put our life vests on...
During a shower Madison decided to take a bit out of Abby's nose - it was a funny moment & I was glad that I got it on camera
Over Spring Break I convinced Ava to try a lemon - this was her reaction
One of my favorite moments of the year was visiting Herrnhut in Germany - God spoke to me really clearly while we were there - it was one of those moments that I will remember forever...here is Terri Reed walking through the cemetery
My favorite picture from India in October - aren't these girls beautiful?
Madison turns 1 & I loved capturing her eating adventures
Molly Kate turns 1 & I loved watching her open gifts!
It was a great year! Can't wait to see what 2010 has in store!